Poster Project

This weeks objective was to create a poster that represent something meaningful. I took this picture profile because it reminded me of the infamous Angela Davis "WANTED" poster. I wanted to create a poster with historical meaning, so along the same context I began looking into color schemes/ideas typically used to represent African-Americans poorly. I came across the "Feel Better Doll", a doll released by a well known company in the states which is a black body with red lips and white eyes. Non-coincidentally, looks extremely similar to the black figures used to represent black people as far back as Jim Crow laws. The intent of this project was to display myself in this way, to say that in typical America where I am not individualized, this is how i would be viewed.

Comments

Popular Posts